Monday, September 7, 2009

September 4th

Todd took Friday off so we could celebrate Henry's first birthday all day together. We started off with a trip to the Elmwood Zoo. Henry wasn't overly impressed with the animals, but he was a big fan of watching big kids run around and the mist machine that sprayed water.



For dinner we were planning on a Japanese Steakhouse. We even drove to what we thought was a Japanese Steakhouse, but then I quickly realized that I forgot Henry's milk. Since we were already at the restaurant I jumped out to check it out. Since the place didn't seem like the right place to celebrate Henry's big day, we had a change of plans and took Henry to the very fancy Applebees (after picking up his bottle at home). It ended up being the perfect place for the celebration. I knew it was meant to be when I saw the Very Hungry Caterpillar Kids Menu. The host thought I was crazy when I said that was the theme of my son's birthday. Henry enjoyed people watching almost as much as people enjoyed watching him cheer for his birthday, drink out of a straw, and of course eating his ice cream. The first day of Henry's birthday weekend was a great success!




No comments: