Sunday, September 12, 2010

B is for Birthday

Last weekend we celebrated Henry's 2nd birthday. I can't believe our baby is already two and his baby days are a thing of the past. Henry is very much a toddler. His favorite things are trucks, balls, Elmo, and playing outside. Henry has been a part of a playgroup since he was about 6 months old. We meet every week and this group has been so wonderful not only to Henry, but for me as well. Since Henry has such great friends already in the playgroup and in the neighborhood, I wanted to throw him a friend party. So the day before his birthday we had an Elmo party for about ten little ones.
Henry getting ready for his friends to show up. Todd made Cookie and I made felt cookies for the Cookie Toss game.

Mckenzie and Henry playing with Dorothy's friends

Playing Pin the Nose on Elmo

Cookies and Cupcakes!

Getting some much needed help with blowing out the candle

YUM!


We had so much fun at Henry's party that I forgot to take any before pictures of the games and set up, but hopefully the pictures we did get will help Henry remember his first friend party. I had a sign welcoming the guests that said "Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Henry's party?" and the sign behind us in this picture says "This party is brought to you by the letter H and the number 2." We ordered pizza of course since that is both Elmo and Henry's favorite! We also had basketball with a Sesame Street ball, an Oscar trash toss, and I made mini Sesame Street coloring books. I think I had just as much fun getting ready for the party as Henry had at the party!

No comments: