Monday, May 16, 2011

Thank you Aunt Kathleen!

Two weekends ago, my sister, Kathleen pretty much saved my sanity. I can't thank her enough for coming up here to help me with my two boys and Riley. I'm not sure if it was pregnancy brain or lack of a brain with a newborn in the house, but I gave Todd the go ahead to travel to Jamaica for a friend's wedding just three weeks after Logan's arrival. So I was home alone with the boys Thursday and most of Friday (until my savior arrived at around 8:00). While I was dealing with lack of sleep, crying, diapers, and a toddler who needed more attention, I completely regretted my decision to let Todd go (He insisted he would stay behind, but I was the one who kept saying to go...crazy me!), but as soon as my special helper arrived, I knew we were going to survive the weekend and I was glad Todd wasn't going to miss out on such a special day for his friend, Clev. In fact, we more than survived the weekend. We had our first public outing with Logan which was to Target, of course. It was a wonderful visit with "Aunt Kafleen" and I hope she comes up again to hang out! One bonus to letting Todd go on a tropical vacation without me and the kids (on Mother's Day weekend no less) is I should be able to win any discussions about what we want to do for the next several weekends or better yet, months! Plus, I'm planning on a trip with all my friends to St. Lucia for Father's Day weekend. well, not really, but a girl can dream!


Clev and Jen, sorry I missed your awesome wedding weekend! Believe me, wish I could have been there! But can't wait to celebrate with you sometime soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for iinviting me to help! I had a blast and will come anytime!!!