Wednesday, November 10, 2010

East Coast Adventure Part I

Henry and I just returned from our East Coast Adventure. I'll try to condense the events of our travels as much as possible...

Friday morning I was minutes from getting Henry in the car to drop him off at my parent's house when I got the call that Jeannine's (my sister-in-law) water had broke while Mike and her were in Wilmington, NC for a wedding. It was such a shock since Jeannine wasn't due for another six weeks and of course because they live in Washington D.C. Quickly my plans for a solo weekend trip to Roanoke changed. Our original plan was for my mom to watch Henry during the day and then Todd and Henry would have some male bonding time while I was away for the weekend at Ann's baby shower.

I decided to take Henry with me to Roanoke so I could travel down to NC after the shower weekend to meet my new nephew. Unfortunately, my parents weren't able to make it down since they flew out on Monday for a trip to China!

So Henry and I made it to Roanoke in about 6 hours on Friday. The Smiths were so nice to let us stay with them during our time there. Henry loved having time to play with his pal Lillian.

Saturday was the baby shower. It was so wonderful to see so many great friends and to help Ann prepare for baby girl Sanderson!




No comments: